Schedule of Classes Archive

Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice. Tuition and fees are due upon registration regardless of the date on which your classes begin. The last day to pay without penalty is printed on the monthly billing statement available on Tuition is the same for resident and non-resident students. Students taking courses for audit pay the full tuition rates and are permitted only in courses for which they are registered. Auditors are not required to participate in class exercises (discussions and examinations); they receive no grades or credit.

Bills not settled by the deadline for each term will be subject to the applicable late fees and/or finance charges.


Regular Session, per unit $1,473.00
Business Graduate (500-level and above) 1,511.00
Graduate Cinematic Arts, per unit 1,567.00
Graduate Engineering, per unit 1,569.00
Law Session, per unit 1,957.00
Pharmacy Session, per unit 1,497.00
Master of Real Estate Development, per unit 1,703.00
There is no flat fee during summer sessions.

*Tuition rates are subject to change without notice. For rates on other sessions not published here, please contact the academic department offering the course(s).

Individual Music Lessons

Six-week session:
One, 75-minute lesson a weekunit rate (1) plus 350.00
Two, 75-minute lessons a weekunit rate (2) plus 700.00


Mandatory Fees

Student Health Service, per week18.00
maximum (12 weeks)216.00

Optional Fees

Parking Fees (contact USC Transportation at 740-3575 for current rates)

Special Fees
Graduate Record Examinations
Required of applicants for most master’s and doctoral degrees. General test scores must be submitted before admission as a graduate student. For current fees and test dates, contact Educational Testing Services at (866) 473-4373 or visit
English Language Requirements
All international graduate applicants are required to submit scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). There are no minimum scores required for admission. For current fees and test dates for the TOEFL, contact Educational Testing Services at (877) 863-3546 or For information about the IELTS, contact IELTS at or
Dissertation Fee
For ProQuest/UMI, USC Libraries and Graduate School processing of doctoral dissertation and publishing abstract
Thesis Fee
For ProQuest/UMI, USC Libraries and Graduate School processing of master’s thesis and publishing abstract
Special Subject and Unit Credit by Examination
(one half the per-unit rate regardless of the units per course)
Academic Record Summary 5.00
Official 10.00
USCard Replacement Fee
Magnetic stripe 25.00
Magnetic stripe + Prox (contactless) 25.00

Mandatory Student Health Insurance

The university requires that ALL students carry supplemental health insurance. This will help to cover the cost of health care that cannot be obtained at the Engemann Student Health Center should emergency services or hospitalization be required. All domestic students carrying 6 units or more in fall and spring are automatically enrolled in, and charged for, the USC Student Health Insurance Plan. Those taking less than 6 units may enroll themselves in this plan. All international students and Health Sciences students in fall and spring are automatically enrolled in the USC Student Health Insurance Plan regardless of the number of units taken. The Student Health Insurance Office is located in the Engemann Student Health Center at 1031 W. 34th Street. For more information, call (213) 740-9355, email or visit

Payment of Fees/Deferments/Sponsored Agency Awards/Salary Deduction

You may pay your bill via the Internet on, by mail or in person. If you are paying by mail, please follow the instructions on your registration confirmation or monthly billing statement. Be sure to mail your payment early enough for the university to receive it by the settlement deadline. Summer tuition and fees are assessed at time of enrollment and due when billed, regardless of class dates. allows you to manage your student account online. You can pay your tuition and fees by transferring funds from your savings or checking account, or by charging to your VISA, MasterCard or Discover card. You can also print e-receipts and view your billing statements or current account information. In addition, you can set up individual guest user access for parents or anyone else you choose so they can make payments on your account. For more information, visit

You can access your account by logging on to OASIS ( or the myUSC portal (

More detailed information about student accounts, settlement options and procedures is available on the Web at

VISA/MasterCard/Discover (If Paying in Person)

You should present the credit card (and parent’s written authorization if card is not in your name), as well as a valid driver’s license. Presentation to the Cashier’s Office of any credit card does not constitute payment of tuition and fees. Authorization must be obtained from the credit card institution in order to be posted to the student account. Declined authorizations are your responsibility. See “Change of Program/Petition Actions” and “Billing Information.”

Tuition Reimbursement and Deferment

In order to participate in the program you must have your supervisor or personnel officer write a memo on company stationery stating that you are employed by that company and will be reimbursed for tuition at the end of the term. A new letter is required for each semester.

You are required to pay a percentage of tuition plus 100 percent of all fees, including lab fees, plus a non-refundable service charge of four percent of the deferment amount. The balance of your tuition will be deferred until the end of the term. Interest is not charged during the deferment period.

You will be required to sign a promissory note in order to receive the deferment. If your account is not paid when due, it will be subject to additional finance charges. If you do not pay for the deferment by the due date, collection efforts will proceed against you, not your employer. Failure to complete the class or your termination from the company from which you expect to receive tuition reimbursement in no way nullifies this agreement. You are responsible for paying the deferment regardless of your grade(s) or employment status.

Salary Deduction

If students are full-time permanent employees of the university, they may use salary deduction as a means of paying for their charges. Students must obtain the appropriate forms from the Cashier's Office. The forms must be completed fully to ensure proper processing.

Sponsored Agency Awards

Students with pre-authorization for third party billings from entities recognized by the university will have their agency credits posted on their student accounts. They will be required to pay any amounts not covered by the agency. If a credit is not posted on the student account, the student must bring an authorization from the agency to the Student Account Services Office before the settlement deadline for the term. Approved agencies may include local, state and federal governments, private corporations, foreign governments and the United States Armed Services. Sponsored students must meet the terms and conditions agreed upon by the university and the agency. Agency billing is done as a convenience to the student and does not relieve the student of the obligation to pay should the agency fail to pay any or all of the bill.

Change of Program/Petition Actions

Students who petition to have their classes reinstated must pay all tuition and fees in advance. If you have an outstanding deferment and a change of program results in a reduction of tuition or fees, your deferment will be reduced by the amount that the reduction exceeds your billing balance. If you subsequently have a change of program that results in additional charges, you must contact the department that originally provided the deferment or pay the new billing balance in full.

Finance Charges

Finance charges are assessed on all past due balances. The current annual rate is 12 percent, subject to change.

Returned Checks

A "returned check charge" of $25 is assessed for a check or checking/savings payment returned by the bank for any reason. Under California Civil Code #1719, a returned check may create a liability of treble (3 times) the amount owed, but not less than $100. Any returned items will void outstanding deferments, making all balances due in full immediately. The university may, at its option, cancel enrollment of any student whose payment is returned unpaid by the bank. If the university does not exercise this option, the student will be responsible for all tuition and fees incurred. Students and parents should be aware that non-local checks may be held by the bank for the maximum time allowed by law. Please allow ample time for non-local funds to be made available by the date payment is due.

Billing Information

USC does not mail monthly billing statements to current students. You will receive email notification (addressed to your official USC email address) when your monthly billing statement is available on According to USC’s computing policies (, email is the primary mechanism for sending official communications to USC students. By enrolling at USC, you agree to accept monthly billing statements via email.

Although we accept payments from third parties, you are ultimately responsible for settling all debts to the university by the appropriate deadlines. Non-receipt of a bill does not relieve you of this obligation. If you need a statement showing your tuition and fees, you may request a Registration Confirmation.

If any private parties (including family members) are assisting you in paying for your expenses and require a monthly billing statement showing tuition and fees before they will issue payment, it is your responsibility to register early enough to accommodate them. We recommend that you register a minimum of 40 days prior to the settlement deadline.

In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, we will not disclose any specific information about your student account to a third party (including family members) without your permission. You may file a waiver permitting USC to disclose information to specific individuals. The waiver form is available online at

Obligation for Payment

Request for registration constitutes a legal financial obligation to which you will be held liable if you do not follow the proper procedure to change or cancel your registration through the Office of Academic Records and Registrar. You must receive written confirmation (the Registration Confirmation form) to verify that your requested change has been made.

By registering, you agree to be held responsible for all tuition and fees, including, but not limited to, payments denied by the California Student Aid Commission, student loan lenders, agencies of the United States government and agencies of foreign governments.

Tuition and fees for all students, including those whose tuition has been deferred, become an obligation in accordance with the provisions of the Withdrawal/Tuition Refund Policy as follows. Tuition and fees are due, in full, by the settlement deadline. Failure to make payments of any indebtedness to the university when due, including but not limited to tuition, deferred tuition, housing, student loans, lab fees and USCard, is considered sufficient cause, until the debt is settled with the university to (1) bar the student from classes and examinations; (2) withhold diploma, scholastic certificate or transcripts; (3) bar the student from university housing; (4) suspend all university services and privileges; (5) suspend the student; (6) assign the student to a collection agency (students who have been assigned to an outside collection agency may be required to pay in advance for all future registrations and services); and (7) report the student to a credit bureau. This policy will be equally enforced against debts discharged through bankruptcy.

Permission to cancel enrollment does not constitute, nor shall it be construed as, a waiver by the university of a student’s financial obligation. You are still responsible for all outstanding debts and contracts with the university. Furthermore, a student must not have any delinquent financial obligations to USC at the time classes begin or his/her registration may be revoked.

Withdrawal Implications for Recipients of Financial Aid

During the Drop/Add Period
During the university’s published drop/add period, students who withdraw or reduce their enrollment may be eligible for a 100 percent refund of tuition for classes dropped. If a financial aid recipient withdraws from all classes or drops to less than half-time status during the drop/add period, all financial aid awards must be returned to their respective programs. If the student was given financial aid funds for other expenses, he or she will be expected to return those funds to the university.

Financial aid recipients must immediately submit an Enrollment and Housing form to the Financial Aid Office when a withdrawal from one or more classes during the drop/add period results in an enrollment status different from that on which their current financial aid eligibility was based. The same applies if one or more classes are cancelled. The Financial Aid Office will review the student’s new enrollment status and, if appropriate, will revise the student's eligibility. In some cases, undergraduates who drop to less than half-time may be eligible for limited funding. For more information, visit

After the Drop/Add Period
Students who are recipients of Title IV federal financial aid are also covered by federal policies. Title IV federal financial aid is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded and thereby “earn” the award. When a student ceases academic attendance prior to the end of that period, he or she may no longer be eligible for the full amount of federal funds originally awarded.

If recipients withdraw from all classes on or before the 60 percent point in the session, based on their last date of attendance, they may be required to return any “unearned” Title IV federal financial aid to the U.S. Treasury, even if they are not entitled to a refund of tuition.

A student is required to immediately notify the Registrar and the Financial Aid Office when he or she stops attending classes. If the student fails to notify either office, it is possible that the 50 percent point of the term will be used to determine the student’s last date of attendance, in accordance with federal regulations. If the student withdraws from all classes, the Financial Aid Office will determine whether that student’s period of attendance resulted in the earning of all the federal financial aid that was originally awarded. If it is determined that not all the scheduled federal aid has been earned, then the Financial Aid Office will calculate the amount to be returned to the federal financial aid programs.

The Financial Aid Office will bill the student via his or her university account for the amount returned. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the Cashier’s Office about settling the bill.

Withdrawal/Tuition Refund Policy

Tuition and fees are refundable only by processing a cancellation of enrollment or change of program application through the Office of Academic Records and Registrar. These are granted entirely at the discretion of the university. Informing your academic department or your instructor does not constitute withdrawal from the course. All withdrawals must be processed by Web Registration or through the Office of Academic Records and Registrar.

You will be held financially liable for all classes that appear on the face of the Registration Confirmation. It is your responsibility to officially withdraw from any classes you are not attending, including but not limited to: (a) classes which have been discontinued at the university’s option; (b) situations in which you never attended even the first class meeting. A 100 percent refund will be given through the last day to drop without a grade of “W” (see session codes, shaded column). There is no refund for classes withdrawn from after this date. Financial aid recipients who withdraw from all classes, should refer to After the Drop/Add Period. In the event of a revocation of registration, 100 percent of any tuition paid for that semester will be first applied to any outstanding debt. Any remaining credit will be available for refund within six to eight weeks from the date of revocation.

Note: These policies are enforced equally for settled as well as unsettled registrations.

Veterans Benefits

Veterans must register with the Office of Veteran Affairs each semester in order to receive benefits. Students may expect an educational allowance based only on courses that are a legitimate part of the degree program approved for veterans. The student must notify the Office of Veteran Affairs immediately upon any change in unit load or change of major. The office is located in John Hubbard Hall 114 and is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

For more information, visit our Website at, stop in the office or call (213) 740-4619.

The fax number is (213) 821-3760.

Students may visit for more information regarding the GI Bill Educational Assistance.