collapse allexpand all
Petroleum Engineering (PTE)
- D class assignments for undergraduates available in HED; phone (213) 740-0322.
- To be enrolled in an off-campus course, you MUST also be enrolled in the Distance Education Network (DEN). For more information, call 740-4488 or go to den.usc.edu. DEN courses are indicated by a location of OFF CAMPUS.
Individual research and readings. Not available for graduate credit.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Junior, Senior
|32200D||059||2.0-8.0||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 10||OFFICE|
Graduate level course on drilling engineering with an emphasis on field design and applications. Topics covered include well planning; rock mechanics; rotary drilling processes; drilling rig components; drill string and bottom hole assemblies; well hydraulics and drilling muds; casing design and cementing; directional drilling; offshore drilling and drilling economics.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Doctoral Student, Master Student
- Restriction: Registration open to the following school(s): Andrew and Erna Viterbi School of Engineering
This course reviews current practices related to well completion methods, wellbore stimulation, and damage control. Formation damage prevention and stimulation methods are emphasized.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Master Student, Doctoral Student
|32218R||901||Lecture||4:00-7:10pm||Mon, Wed||13 of 30||Faruk Civan||OHE100C|
|32220D||909||Lecture||4:00-7:10pm||Mon, Wed||1 of 30||Faruk Civan||DEN@Viterbi|