collapse allexpand all
- D class assignments available in TMC200; phone (213) 740-4721.
- Students accepted into a graduate program must take entrance examinations prior to their first registration. Any deficiencies revealed must be removed prior to completion of two semesters of course work. Transferring undergraduate students registering for the first time who have previous course work must take the appropriate examination for placement. Contact the Thornton School Office of Student Affairs for information. INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTION 1 unit has a $350 fee, and includes 7.5 hours of total instruction. 2 units has a $700 fee, and includes 15 hours of total instruction. Contact school for course level guide.
Intermediate and advanced instruction (secondary emphasis) for music majors and minors. Open only to music majors and minors.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following major(s): Music, Jazz Studies, Music Industry, Music Recording, Composition, Composition (Film Scoring), Electroacoustic Media, Jazz Studies (Vocal), Music Education, Bassoon, Clarinet, Classical Guitar, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Harp, Harpsichord, Oboe, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Studio Guitar, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Viola, Violin, Violoncello, Vocal Arts
- Note: FINAL Deadline to request D-clearance: Friday of first week of classes. Contact Thornton Student Affairs at email@example.com. Thornton does not allow this course to be audited. For non-Thornton majors, individual instruction will be online-only and access to practice facilities will not be available.
|43205D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 30||Cristian Grases||ONLINE|
|43207D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 30||Larry Livingston||ONLINE|
Communicating musical ideas to instrumental ensembles; reading and conducting from full score of orchestral compositions. Laboratory, 3 hours. Prerequisite: ability to read a music score.
|43221D||060||Lecture||9:00-9:50am||MWF||5 of 14||Troy Quinn||ONLINE|
Reading and conducting from scores, communicating musical ideas to instrumental ensembles, arranging for small and large ensembles, notation, playing techniques, timbre, rhythm and intonation.
|43226D||060||Lecture||12:00-1:20pm||Mon, Wed||12 of 15||Sharon Lavery,|
Principal composers and representative instrumental works since the eighteenth century; studies of styles and interpretations based on scores and the performance of works in class.
|43255D||060||Lecture||12:00-1:50pm||Mon, Wed||10 of 12 (1 on waitlist)||Troy Quinn||ONLINE|
12 of 12(13 on waitlist)
12 of 12(6 on waitlist)
Individual research and readings. Not available for graduate credit.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Junior, Senior
|43260D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Cristian Grases||ONLINE|
|43263D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Larry Livingston||ONLINE|
Secondary instruction for graduate music majors or instruction for graduate non-music majors.
- Note: FINAL Deadlineto request D-clearance: Friday of first week of classes. Contact Thornton Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thornton does not allow this course to be audited. For non-Thornton majors, individual instruction will be online-only and access to practice facilities will not be available.
|43280D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 30||Cristian Grases||ONLINE|
|43285D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||9 of 30||Larry Livingston||ONLINE|
Problems of preparing and conducting contemporary choral music and major choral-orchestral works from full score; special projects according to student's development and interests. Laboratory, 3 hours.
- Prerequisite: MUCD 441
14 of 14
|43310D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Cristian Grases||ONLINE|
Research leading to the master's degree. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|43320D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Cristian Grases||ONLINE|
|43323D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Larry Livingston||ONLINE|
Research leading to the doctorate. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|43360D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 10||Cristian Grases||ONLINE|
|43365D||060||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 10||Larry Livingston||ONLINE|