collapse allexpand all
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology (MICB)
- D class assignments for undergraduates available; phone (323) 442-1713.
- D class assignments for graduate students available; phone (323) 442-1713.
- Registration only upon permission of the department concerned. D class assignments are assigned by the academic department.
Overview of microbes, their life cycles and the host responses they elicit, evade or exploit, including the manipulation and the malfunction of the immune system.
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the INTD department but may qualify for major credit in MICB. To register, enroll in INTD 522.
|40652D||046||Lecture||3:00-4:50pm||Tue, Thu||20 of 100||Jie Li,|
Axel Schonthal,Ebrahim Zandi,
Weiming Yuan,Hyungjin Eoh
|ONLINE||Word (37381 KB)|
Virus structure and chemistry; virus-cell interactions; aspects of virus genetics; molecular biology; pathogenesis, immunology, and evolution of viral infections.
|40709D||046||Lecture||2:00-3:50pm||Wednesday||9 of 75||Jie Li,|
Hyungjin Eoh,Weiming Yuan,Keigo Machida,
|ONLINE||Word (30531 KB)|
Macromolecular processes and their regulation in prokaryotics; DNA replication, transcription, and post-transcriptional events in general and as related to operons, phage biology, and eukaryotic organelles.
|40743D||046||Lecture||9:00-11:00am||Mon, Wed||0 of 50||Stanley Tahara||ONLINE|
Critical discussion of current research topics. Students present published and unpublished research results for discussion and critique. Prerequisite: Current enrollment in Microbiology Ph.D. program.
- Restriction: Registration closed to the following major(s): Microbiology
- Restriction: Registration closed to the following class level(s): Doctoral Student
|40722D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||26 of 30||Axel Schonthal||TBA|
|40723D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||Axel Schonthal||TBA|
Mammalian organ systems operation during health, and pathophysiologic analysis of related diseases with focus on neuroscience, immunology, metabolism, endocrine, reproduction, GI and liver. Faculty from basic and clinical sciences.
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the INTD department but may qualify for major credit in MICB. To register, enroll in INTD 573.
|40664D||046||Lecture||1:00-2:50pm||Tue, Thu||10 of 50||Harvey Kaslow,|
Minnie Mc Millan,
Florence Hofman,Huizhong Tao,
Part-time or full-time, practical work experience in the student's field of study. The internship must be located at an off-campus facility. Students are individually supervised by faculty. May not be taken until the student has completed at least one semester of enrollment in the graduate program with a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Doctoral Student, Master Student
|40749D||046||1.0||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||Axel Schonthal||OFFICE|