collapse allexpand all
- D class assignments available in TMC200; phone (213) 740-4721.
- Students accepted into a graduate program must take entrance examinations prior to their first registration. Any deficiencies revealed must be removed prior to completion of two semesters of course work. Transferring undergraduate students registering for the first time who have previous course work must take the appropriate examination for placement. Contact the Thornton School Office of Student Affairs for information. INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTION 1 unit has a $350 fee, and includes 7.5 hours of total instruction. 2 units has a $700 fee, and includes 15 hours of total instruction. Contact school for course level guide.
Intermediate and advanced instruction (secondary emphasis) for music majors and minors. Open only to music majors and minors.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following major(s): Music, Jazz Studies, Music Industry, Music Recording, Composition, Composition (Film Scoring), Electroacoustic Media, Jazz Studies (Vocal), Music Education, Bassoon, Clarinet, Classical Guitar, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Harp, Harpsichord, Oboe, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Studio Guitar, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Viola, Violin, Violoncello, Vocal Arts
- Note: FINAL Deadline to request D-clearance: Friday of first week of classes. Contact Thornton Student Affairs (213) 740-4721, TMC 200.
|43205D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 30||Mike Scheibe||MUS416|
|43207D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Larry Livingston||MUS308|
Communicating musical ideas to instrumental ensembles; reading and conducting from full score of orchestral compositions. Laboratory, 3 hours. Prerequisite: ability to read a music score.
|43221D||001||Lecture||12:00-12:50pm||Mon, Wed||8 of 14||Sharon Lavery||MUS105|
Refinement of techniques developed in MUCD 340; study of styles and interpretations of choral music from the Renaissance to the present.
- Prerequisite: MUCD 340
- Note: BA Choral students have priority for section # 43245. Section # 43246 is open to all music students.
|43245D||001||Lecture||8:00-9:50am||Tue, Thu||3 of 12||Cristian Grases||BMH100|
|43246D||001||Lecture||10:00-11:50am||Tue, Thu||5 of 12||Tram Sparks||BMH100|
Principal composers and representative instrumental works since the eighteenth century; studies of styles and interpretations based on scores and the performance of works in class.
|43255D||001||Lecture||12:00-1:50pm||Mon, Wed||5 of 12||Troy Quinn||MUS208|
12 of 12(7 on waitlist)
|43257D||001||Lecture||10:00-11:50am||Tue, Thu||11 of 12 (3 on waitlist)||Larry Livingston||MUS105|
Individual research and readings. Not available for graduate credit.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Junior, Senior
|43260D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Mike Scheibe||MUS416|
|43263D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Larry Livingston||MUS308|
Secondary instruction for graduate music majors or instruction for graduate non-music majors.
- Note: FINAL Deadlineto request D-clearance: Friday of first week of classes. Contact Thornton Student Affairs (213) 740-4721, TMC 200.
|43280D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 30||Mike Scheibe||MUS416|
|43285D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||14 of 30||Larry Livingston||MUS308|
Problems of preparing and conducting contemporary choral music and major choral-orchestral works from full score; special projects according to student's development and interests. Laboratory, 3 hours.
- Prerequisite: MUCD 441
13 of 13
Research leading to the master's degree. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|43320D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Mike Scheibe||MUS416|
|43323D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Larry Livingston||MUS308|