collapse allexpand all
- D class assignments for undergraduates available in HNB120G; phone (213) 740-3800.
- D class assignments for graduate students available in AHF107G; phone (213) 740-5774.
- this URL into your web browser: dornsife.usc.edu/bisc/d-clearance-and-wait-list-information/ For D-Clearance and wait list information, please copy and paste
Structure, function, and development of nervous systems; neural integration and mechanisms of behavior; organization and operation of brains.
- Prerequisite: 1 from (BISC 220 or BISC 221)
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the BISC department but may qualify for major credit in NEUR. To register, enroll in BISC 421.
- Note: Register for lecture and one discussion. For prerequisite and enrollment information, please contact your undergraduate advisor. For all other questions, contact Professor Hirsch.
|13033R||001||Lecture||11:00-11:50am||MWF||196 of 204||Judith Hirsch,Emily Liman,Dion Dickman||SAL101|
25 of 25
|13396D||001||Discussion||2:00-3:50pm||Friday||22 of 25||Refael Levi||ZHS360|
25 of 25
|13398R||001||Discussion||2:00-3:50pm||Wednesday||25 of 26||Refael Levi||ZHS360|
|13399R||001||Discussion||12:00-1:50pm||Friday||24 of 25||Refael Levi||ZHS360|
26 of 26
25 of 25
|13402R||001||Discussion||8:00-9:50am||Thursday||24 of 25||Ahyun Jung||ZHS360|
Introduction to the major components of cognition (perception, memory, intelligence) in terms of the neural coding characteristic of the relevant brain areas.
- Prerequisite: PSYC 100
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the PSYC department but may qualify for major credit in NEUR. To register, enroll in PSYC 440.
|52442R||001||Lecture||2:00-3:50pm||Mon, Wed||38 of 42||Irving Biederman||HNB100||PDF (90374 KB)|
Topical seminar in neurobiology.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Junior, Senior, Master Student, Doctoral Student
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the BISC department but may qualify for major credit in NEUR. To register, enroll in BISC 462.
- Note: For permission to enroll in this course, please contact the instructor.
|Sensory Circuits and Systems: From Foundational Studies to Current Concepts|
|13040D||001||Lecture||4:00-5:50pm||Monday||12 of 15||Judith Hirsch||HNB120|
Individual research and readings. Not available for graduate credit. Departmental approval.
|47600D||001||2.0-4.0||Lecture||TBA||TBA||25 of 40||OFFICE|
Students attend lectures of distinguished neuroscientists visiting USC and give short, chalk-talk presentations summarizing the lecture. The presentations are critiqued by the students. Not available for graduate credit. Prerequisite: BISC-220L or BISC-221L. Recommended preparation: BISC 421.
|47643D||001||Lecture||12:00-12:50pm||Thursday||11 of 20||Sarah Bottjer,Irving Biederman||HNB120|