collapse allexpand all
Pharmaceutical Sciences (PSCI)
- D class assignments for graduate students available in PSC713; phone (323) 442-1474.
- For a complete schedule for classes available for the Doctor of Pharmacy program, contact USC School of Pharmacy Graduate Affairs, 1985 Zonal Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90033.
Current perspectives on major research areas in cell biology. Emphasis will be on in-depth examination of cellular structures, regulatory processes, intracellular routing and targeting, and cell/environmental interactions. Cross-listed as BIOC 531, MICB 531, MPTX 531, PATH 531, PHBI 531, PSCI 531
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the INTD department but may qualify for major credit in PSCI. To register, enroll in INTD 531.
|40654D||046||Lecture||9:00-11:00am||Tue, Thu||44 of 90||Axel Schonthal,|
|MCH256||PDF (780399 KB)|
Familiarizes new graduate students with basic approaches used in biomedical research, with a focus on approaches in pharmaceutical, pharmacological and translational sciences. Provides an understanding of what to expect in the coming years as a graduate student doing biomedical research and in scientific writing.
|49056D||005||Lecture||10:00-11:50am||Wed, Fri||12 of 25||Bangyan Stiles||OFFICE|
Biochemistry and molecular biology of replication, transcription, RNA processing, translation, and regulation of gene expression with emphasis on multicellular eukaryotic organisms and comparisons to prokaryotes.
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the INTD department but may qualify for major credit in PSCI. To register, enroll in INTD 561.
|40664D||046||Lecture||3:00-4:50pm||Tue, Thu||26 of 85||Woojin An,|
Ruchi Bajpai,Ebrahim Zandi,
|PDF (263437 KB)|
Physical-chemical basis of life processes: protein structure and enzyme function; synthesis and metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids, and nucleotides.
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the INTD department but may qualify for major credit in PSCI. To register, enroll in INTD 571.
|40670D||046||Lecture||1:00-2:50pm||Tue, Thu||33 of 65||Vijay Kalra,|
|PDF (97852 KB)|
Research leading to the master`s degree. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|49020D||005||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 30||Curtis Okamoto||OFFICE|
Credit on acceptance of thesis.
|49024D||005||Lecture||TBA||TBA||6 of 30||Curtis Okamoto||OFFICE|
Principles of drug discovery, design, and characterization. Mechanisms of action of major classes of drugs. Preparation: college level chemistry and biology.
|49030D||005||Lecture||TBA||Tuesday||14 of 30||Ian Haworth||OFFICE|
Research leading to the doctorate. Maximum untis which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|49060D||005||Lecture||TBA||TBA||26 of 50||Curtis Okamoto||OFFICE|
Credit on acceptance of dissertation. Graded CR/NC.
|49070D||005||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 30||Curtis Okamoto||OFFICE|