collapse allexpand all
Music Education (MUED)
- D class assignments available in TMC200; phone (213) 740-4721.
- Music courses change to "D" on the second week of classes and require departmental approval. Students accepted into a graduate program must take entrance examinations prior to their first registration. Any deficiencies revealed must be removed prior to completion of two semesters of course work. Transferring undergraduate students registering for the first time who have previous course work must take the appropriate examination for placement. Contact the Thornton School Office of Student Affairs for information. INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTION - Fall 2010/Spring 2011: 1 unit has a $350 fee, and includes 7.5 hours of total instruction. 2 units has a $700 fee, and includes 15 hours of total instruction. Contact school for course level guide.
Introductory exploration of types of research linked to research literature in music education; interpreting and organizing research proposals and reports.
- Note: Open to MM and DMA Music Education students only.
|43572D||001||Lecture||5:00-7:50pm||Monday||5 of 15||Beatriz Ilari||UUCB3|
Observation and teaching under the guidance of a university supervisor and a directing teacher. Open only to MAT, Single Subject (Music Education) majors.
- Prerequisite: MUED 549A
- Restriction: Registration open to the following major(s): Single Subject Teaching (Music Education)
- Note: MAT Only. Meets 10/13 - 12/5
|43620D||380||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 5||Susan Helfter||MUS402|
A preparation for teaching in the modern university environment, examining the role of the professor, and focusing on the development of innovative collegiate teaching skills.
|43666D||001||Lecture||6:00-7:50pm||Wednesday||9 of 15||Susan Helfter||MUS319|