collapse allexpand all
Performance (Popular Music) (MPPM)
- D class assignments available in TMC200; phone (213) 740-4721.
- Music courses change to "D" on the second week of classes and require departmental approval. Students accepted into a graduate program must take entrance examinations prior to their first registration. Any deficiencies revealed must be removed prior to completion of two semesters of course work. Transferring undergraduate students registering for the first time who have previous course work must take the appropriate examination for placement. Contact Thornton School Office of Student Affairs for more information. INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTION: 1 unit has a $350 fee, and includes 7.5 hours of total instruction. 2 units has a $700 fee, and includes 15 hours of total instruction. Contact school for course level guide.
Study of musical elements appropriate to the performance of popular music in a collaborative, interactive environment.
|47320D||001||Lecture||4:00-5:50pm||Tuesday||29 of 30||Andy Abad||CTV136A|
|47321D||001||Lecture||6:00-7:50pm||Tuesday||28 of 30||Timothy Kobza||CTV136A|
|47322R||001||Lecture||4:00-5:50pm||Wednesday||14 of 20||Timothy Kobza||CTV136A|
Beginning and elementary instruction in drum set techniques.
|47360R||001||Lecture||9:00-9:50am||Mon, Wed||7 of 8||Peter Erskine||TMCG122B|
8 of 8
8 of 8
8 of 8
|47364D||001||Lecture||10:00-11:50am||Tuesday||7 of 8||Peter Erskine||TMCG122B|
8 of 8
8 of 8
8 of 8
|47368R||001||Lecture||10:00-11:50am||Friday||5 of 8||Peter Erskine||TMCG122B|
Intermediate and advanced instruction on secondary instrument for all majors and minors except MPPM.
- Restriction: Registration closed to the following major(s): Performance (Popular Music)
|47420D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||50 of 70||Patrice Rushen||TMC118|
Development of ensemble and communication skills through the performance and interpretation of American popular music in concert and studio settings. Development of original compositions.
- Prerequisite: MPPM 120
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Junior, Senior
- Note: Third Year Popular Music Majors Only
34 of 34
Principles and techniques of arranging for voice and rhythm section in the popular music idiom. Prerequisites: MTEC 310, MTEC 311 and MTEC 446b.
- Prerequisite: 1 from (MTEC 310 or MTEC 311) and 1 from (MTEC 446b or MUIN 446b)
- Note: Popular Music Majors Only
32 of 32
|Rick Schmunk||TMC AUD|
Intermediate level instruction in drum set performance including accompaniment techniques,fills, beat and brush patterns in jazz, Afro-Caribbean and Brazilian styles, interpreting drum charts. Recommended preparation: MPPM 240
|47473D||001||Lecture||11:00-11:50am||Mon, Wed||3 of 8||Peter Erskine||TMCG122B|
|47474D||001||Lecture||3:00-4:50pm||Monday||0 of 8||Peter Erskine||TMCG122B|
The detailed exploration of a specific style or genre in Popular Music through study of repertoire, history and practice with particular emphasis on performance. Recommended preparation: MPPM 120 and MPPM 320.
|47478D||001||Lecture||8:00-9:50pm||Tuesday||10 of 50||Andy Abad||CTV136A|