California's Strategy To Prepare for the Unavoidable Effects of Climate Change
Monday, December 13, 2010 : 10:00am to 12:00pm
University Park Campus
Davidson Conference Center
Club Rooms A and B
Photo: National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
This Center for Sustainable Cities forum tackles the State of California Adaptation Advisory Panel’s report on climate change response.
Prof. Daniel Mazmanian, project director of the California Panel, will provide a brief presentation of its findings and recommendations. This will be followed by a panel discussion representing several points of view on the recommendations of the State Advisory Panel.
The discussion will feature three members of the State Advisory Panel and several local leaders, including:
- Ron Gastelum, co-founder and principal, Water Conservation Partners; and board member and vice chair for Public Policy, Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (State Advisory panelist)
- Lee Harrington, chairman, Southern California Leadership Council (State Advisory panelist)
- Dr. Rebecca Shaw, director of Conservation, The Nature Conservancy in California (State Advisory panelist)
- Katherine Perez, executive director, Urban Land Institute in Los Angeles
- Mary Leslie, president, L.A. Business Council
- Dr. Jack Sahl, director, Environment and Resource Sustainability, Southern California Edison
This is a unique opportunity to hear different takes on the State Advisory Panel’s report on climate change adaptation, just released on November 22.
For more information, please contact Elena Maggioni at firstname.lastname@example.org.