Wednesday 05/22/2013: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
University Park Campus
At the event current scholars will explain the MHI Ph.D. Scholar program and its benefits. Electrical Engineering Ph.D. students interested in becoming a Ph.D. Scholar are invited to attend.
Lunch will be provided.
Each year, a select group of top Ph.D. students from the EE department are selected as "Ming Hsieh Institute Ph.D. Scholars." This set of students is chosen carefully by a faculty committee on the basis of their research accomplishments and desire for an academic career beyond the Ph.D. The MHI Ph.D. Scholars are considered the top students in the department and prove to be leaders.
To help them in their career development MHI Ph.D. Scholars will receive:
- Mentor-ship and recommendations from department faculty (eg. one-on-one faculty lunch meetings)
- $3,000 award
- $1,500 toward funds for travel to give talks at other institutions where they can develop collaborations, increase visibility and receive feedback on their work
-$5,000 workshop funds (opportunity to build a network in your area of research through organizing and hosting a workshop)
- Recognition as a MHI Ph.D. Scholar on all MHI publications (eg. MHI web site, event materials etc)
- Exposure and valuable experience by playing leadership roles at annual events and in the department
MHI Ph.D. Scholars are encouraged to:
- Serve as leaders at MHI organized events such as an annual research festival, annual retreat and other department meetings and events
- Be a student liaison in the department and provide information and content on current student research and developments so they could be included on the MHI website and in publications
- Form student committees and/or seminars to enhance department research
MHI Ph.D. Scholars
4/16 news announcement: MHI Ph.D. Scholars……Past and Present
Thursday 06/13/2013: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Fairmont San Jose
Fairmont San Jose
170 South Market Street
The Electrical Engineering Alumni Reception is a casual networking event so attendees can re-connect with former classmates and meet local alums with the possibility for future collaboration. There will be good conversation about the latest alumni accomplishments as well as exciting activities and research happening in the Electrical Engineering Department. Cocktail reception refreshments will be provided.
Attire: Business Casual
If you are interested in giving a brief presentation or providing photos for a slideshow please contact Danielle Hamra at 213-740-2694 or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 1st EE Alumni Reception was held in San Jose on November 14, 2011 with about 60 Trojan alums, representing companies such as Cisco, Juniper Networks, Netlogic Microsystems, Nvidia and Oracle, among others. View further information below.
MHI facebook photos
11/14/11 News Article
The Electrical Engineering Alumni Reception is hosted by the Ming Hsieh Institute