The American Journal of Medical Genetics states its Aim & Scope as publishing 40 issues a year on all biological and medical aspects of genetic disorders and birth defects for physicians, medical geneticists, and associated professionals. In addition to Part A, AJMG also publishes two other parts:
- Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics, covering experimental and clinical investigations of the genetic mechanisms underlying neurologic and psychiatric disorders.
- Part C: Seminars in Medical Genetics, guest-edited collections of thematic reviews of topical interest to the readership of AJMG.
- Biochemical Genetics, including newborn screening, carrier detection, and the metabolic dysplasia and malformation syndromes;
- Cancer Genetics and Cancer Cytogenetics, including experimental and molecular approaches;
- Clinical Genetics, including descriptions of new syndromes, new causal and pathogenetic insights into known syndromes, advances in genetic counseling, nosology, anthropometry, and anthropology, including dermatoglyphics;
- Clinical Molecular Genetics, including linkage, mapping, and gene sequencing;
- Formal Genetics, including quantitative, population, and epidemiological genetics;
- Molecular Cytogenetics, including delineation of syndromes due to chromosomal aberration;
- Neuropsychiatric Genetics, including reports on novel research on the genetic mechanisms underlying psychiatric and neurological disorders;
- Reproductive Genetics, including prenatal diagnosis and the genetics of prenatal and perinatal death in humans.
Holdings: Vol. 1, no. 1 (1977)-v. 115, no. 8 (Dec. 2002)
Related titles: Variant Title:
- American journal of medical genetics. Neuropsychiatric genetics
- American journal of medical genetics. Part A 2003-
- American journal of medical genetics. Part B, Neuropsychiatric genetics 2003-
- American journal of medical genetics. Part C, Seminars in medical genetics 2003-
- American journal of medical genetics. Seminars in medical genetics
- Neuropsychiatric genetics (-2002)
- Seminars in medical genetics (1999-2002)
- Click HERE for American Journal of Medical Genetics 1977-1995
- Click HERE for Neuropsychiatric genetics vol. 74 (1997)-v. 114 (2002)
- Click HERE for Seminars in Medical Genetics vol. 89 (1999)-v. 115 (2002)
For USC users only. Requires USC network connection.Usage Restrictions